Welcome to the home of the Central Authentication Service project, more commonly referred to as CAS. CAS is an authentication system originally created by Yale University to provide a trusted way for an application to authenticate a user. CAS became a Jasig project in December 2004.
- An open and well-documented protocol
- An open-source Java server component
- A library of clients for Java, .Net, PHP, Perl, Apache, uPortal, and others
- Integrates with uPortal, BlueSocket, TikiWiki, Mule, Liferay, Moodle and others
- Community documentation and implementation support
- An extensive community of adopters