Now Open - 2023 Apereo Board of Directors Nominations
Nominations are now open for the Apereo Board of Directors. This year, three seats are open for Organizational-Member Representatives.
Current board members Inge Donkervoort, Sam Lee Pan, and Stuart Phillipson are ending their first terms on the Board. Inge, Sam, and Stuart are eligible and willing to be nominated for a second term. All three candidates must be re-nominated by a member organization in order for them to be elected to the board for a second term. Thank you to these board members for their dedication, time, and energy put toward the Apereo Foundation over the last three years and their willingness to stand for the board again!
Apereo Member Organizations may nominate individuals for the Organizational-Member representative board of directors seats. Nominations should be sent to ed[at]apreo[dot]org by April 28th, 2023.
Schedule of Elections
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023: Nominations open.
- Directors shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age and need not be United States citizens or residents of the State of New Jersey.
- All Directors shall serve three (3) year terms.
- Directors are permitted to hold office for multiple terms and may hold up to two (2) consecutive terms.
- It is not necessary for a Director to be employed by an organization that is a member of the Foundation.
- A person may be nominated for a Director position by a Member or representative of a Member Organization in good standing.
- Send nominations to ed[at]apereo[dot]org.
- Complete Apereo bylaws available at, https://www.apereo.org/content/bylaws
Friday, April 28th, 2023 – Nominations close at the end of the day (03:59 UTC/11:59 PM EDT).
Monday, May 1st, 2023, Executive Director will announce nominees. Voting membership; Organizational and Individual Members will be notified via email.
Monday, June 5th, 2023 – Voting opens, and ballots are sent to Organizational and Individual Members.
Monday, June 19th, 2023, Voting ends, and elections close (03:59 UTC/11:59 PM EDT).
Monday, June 19th, 2023, Run-off elections open (if needed).
Monday, June 26th, 2023, Run-off election voting ends, and elections close (if needed) (03:59 UTC/11:59 PM EDT).
Monday, July 3rd, 2023, Executive Director notifies elected board members and other candidates of the results.
Annual General Meeting, (July 13 – 16, in person and online, time TBD): Apereo Board receives, reviews, and accepts election results. New board members are seated.
Many thanks to all board members for their service!
Send nominations to ed[at]apereo[dot]org.