The uPortal Steering Committee (uPSC) serves as the governing body responsible for strategic, financial, and operational oversight of the uPortal project. The committee acts as an advocate for the project and helps to ensure its continued health and growth. You can contact the committee at uportal-steering-committee[at]apereo[dot]org.
The uPortal Steering Committee serves to foster growth, collaboration, and communication within the uPortal project. The uPSC coordinates communication related to community calls, online hangouts, and conference meetings. The committee has oversight responsibility for project documentation and provides leadership in the development of uPortal marketing materials. The committee coordinates uPortal security related issues and facilitates resolution. The uPSC assists with the identification and development of resources (people or funding). Committee members liaison with the uPortal developers, the uPortal community of adopters and potential adopters, and the Apereo board.
uPSC members serve two year terms and can be re-elected/re-appointed. Effort will be made to stagger terms. Developers, deployers, adopters, functional users, supporters are encouraged to consider playing a role.
- Developer representatives (2-4) - Nominated by and elected by active committers
- Community representatives (2-4) - Nominated by anyone in the community; elected by the uPSC;
- Supporting subscriber representative (1) - Nominated by and elected by Apereo members that are also uPortal sustaining organizations in good standing
- Apereo board liaison (1) - Non-voting, appointed by the Apereo Board
Current Steering Committee Members
- Marissa Warner-Wu, University of Edinburgh
- Drew Wills, Unicon
- Andrew Petro, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Brandon Powell, Oakland University
- Julien Gribonvald, GIP RECIA Université d'Orléans
- Steven Ragusa, Texas A&M University
- Aaron Grant, Oakland University
- Benito Gonzales, Unicon
Supporting Subscriber representative
- Lauren Anderson, Brigham Young University
Apereo board liaison
- Jim Helwig, University of Wisconsin-Madison