OAE 16.0 codename Harpy Eagle
The OAE team is proud to announce the release of OAE 16.0 codename Harpy Eagle. It’s a major release that includes many changes aiming at making OAE easier to maintain and contribute to, including:
- Refactoring of the queueing system
- Replacement of obsolete libraries
- Fixing of security vulnerabilities
- Continuous integration optimisation
- Code quality and robustness
These changes take OAE closer to developers who might consider contributing, as they help to tame complexity considerably and reduce overall overhead when understanding how it works.
The OAE remains focused on working towards reducing the number of unnecessary dependencies and components when possible, aiming at simpler architecture without ever sacrificing performance and scalability.