Apereo CAS v. 4.1.8 Release
The Apereo CAS server version 4.1.8 is released. This version presents a large number of features and is the culmination of a year-long effort to bring together many improvements and extensions that previously existed in the community and in parallel to the platform itself. The project has made extensive efforts to ensure that emerging and common use cases in the CAS community are met and that deployment and build practices of the software are done easier than ever.
A few notable features of this latest release are:
- A brand new services management web application that allows CAS adopters to register applications with CAS in an easy mobile-friendly way.
- CAS applications can now be modeled using a JSON syntax, which allows immediate changes to configuration to be auto-reloaded and configured.
- A new ticket storage backend is now provided by CAS directly that is based on the Hazelcast technology. This is expected to ultimately supplant the Ehcache storage service and the like.
- Session affinity requirements are removed via updates to Spring Webflow, such as idle timeouts on the CAS login no longer expire the user session.
- Additionally, many other improvements exist that affect logging, monitoring, attribute filtering and release while integrations with CAS Clearpass and the Shibboleth Identity Provider are improved substantially.
The CAS project continues its development towards version 4.2.0 with myriad of new enhancements, particularly around automatic module configuration and integration with 3rd party solutions such as SAML SPs, ADFS, and more. We hope to have this release available by the Open Apereo conference of 2016, if not earlier.
We welcome all CAS adopters to upgrade to this brand new release. As always, feedback and comments are especially welcome, via the CAS mailing lists: http://apereo.github.io/cas/Mailing-Lists.html