Sakai 12.6 Maintenance Release
I'm pleased to announce on behalf of the worldwide community that Sakai 12.6 was released on March 5, 2019 and is currently available for downloading  !
Sakai 12.6 has 116 improvements  including
- 29 fixes in Gradebook
- 19 fixes in Assignments
- 13 fixes in Tests & Quizzes (Samigo)
- 11 fixes in Lessons
Other areas improved include:
- Chat Room
- Site Info
There were 3 security issue fixed in 12.6 (details will be sent to the Sakai Security Announcements list).
Additionally, the following new features were introduced in 12.6.
- Gradebook now scales grades when point value of item is changed.
- When adding a gradebook item, you can now choose to create the existing item and add another from the same screen.
- The gradebook item options to "Release Items to Students?" and "Include item in grade calculations?" can now be selected independently of each other.
- Students may now view maximum points possible for an item even if they don't have a grade for that item.
- Gradebook now has an enhanced empty state that prompts users to add gradebook items if there are none existing.
- Tooltips have been added to help guide the user when adding new gradebook items.
- Gradebook Category color does not change as long as the name of the category remains the same.
- New property to activate auto-favoriting for particular user types.
Please also note the upgrade information page  for important notes related to performing the upgrade. 2 Quartz jobs need to be run to complete the conversion steps for Sakai 12, including a new one for the Job Scheduler in 12.1.
 Downloading information available at - http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/12.6/
 12.6 Fixes by Tool - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/12.6+Fixes+by+Tool
Wilma Hodges, Ed.D.
Sakai PMC - Community Coordinator