The open source SSP case management software supports a holistic coaching and counseling model which expedites proactive interventions for students in need.
The open source SSP case management software supports a holistic coaching and counseling model which expedites proactive interventions for students in need. SSP is designed to improve retention, academic performance, persistence, graduation rates, and time to degree. Through counseling, web-based support systems, and proactive intervention techniques, students are identified, supported, and monitored. SSP can be used with any targeted population of students, such as at-risk students or athletes. SSP is a multi-tiered system, with strong security controls to allow many different college roles to work with the student, while maintaining student privacy.
The software provides case management tools: Student Intake, MAP, MyGPS, Early Alert, Action Plan, Journal, History, Comprehensive Referral Guide, and Accommodation. Data is collected and analyzed to provide reports that allow decisions to be made about future efforts.
- The SSP is a software system and process for student success designed to increase the persistence, success, and graduation rates of targeted students.
- Through holistic counseling, web-based support systems, and intervention techniques students are identified, supported, and monitored.
- Data is collected and analyzed to make decisions about future efforts.
Reasons to Implement SSP
- Streamline academic planning and create education plans
- Create self-help tools to connect students to resources that help them overcome challenges to their success
- Improve at-risk student retention and success
- Increase graduation rate of at-risk students
- Implement an integrated Early Alert intervention process
- Implement a systematic, comprehensive counseling and intervention process
- Implement a web-based counseling case management system
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive resource of community and college referral sources for addressing challenges to student success and retention
- Remove barriers between offices that support students
- SSP has been recognized with 11 national awards for process and technology
- Reap the advantages of open source software