Student Success Plan (SSP) is open source case management software that supports student engagement and retention.
STUDENT SUCCESS PLAN (SSP)
Institutions seek ways to help their students meet their goals and graduate on time. Students may face obstacles in their academic and personal lives which prevent them from meeting their goals. The Student Success Plan (SSP) helps students remove these obstacles and create a clear academic pathway, positively impacting student success. Through SSP, counseling services, student services, and student support can determine student challenges and match students with the resources and courses they need to excel.
SSP is designed to improve retention, academic performance, persistence, graduation rates, and time to degree. The open source SSP case management software supports a holistic coaching and counseling model which expedites proactive interventions for students in need. Through counseling, web-based support systems, and proactive intervention techniques, targeted students are catalogued, supported, and monitored. SSP can be used with any targeted population of students, such as at-risk students or athletes.
How Does SSP Help Improve Student Success?
Student Success Plan (SSP) provides a holistic counseling model for interventions and integrated planning and advising services (IPAS). SSP is designed to improve retention, engagement, academic performance, persistence, graduation rates, and time to degree. Through counseling, web-based support systems, and proactive intervention techniques, students are identified, supported, and monitored. SSP can be used with any targeted population of students, for example, at-risk students or athletes. The software provides case management tools: My Academic Plan (MAP), MyGPS, Main dashboard, Action Plan, Journal, Early Alert, and Accommodation. Data is collected and analyzed to provide reports that allow decisions to be made about future efforts.
Reasons to Implement SSP
- Streamline academic planning and build education plans
- Create self-help tools to connect students with resources that help them overcome challenges to their success
- Improve at-risk student retention and success
- Increase graduation rate of at-risk students
- Implement an integrated Early Alert intervention process
- Enable a web-based counseling case management, with a systematic, comprehensive counseling and intervention process
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive resource of community and college referral sources for addressing student engagement and retention challenges
- Remove barriers between offices that support students
- SSP has been recognized with 11 national awards for process and technology
- SSP is open source software, meaning there are no ongoing licensing or annual maintenance fees
- Third-party vendors are available to assist schools in both the technical implementation and the change-management aspects of implementation
SSP and Learning Analytics
In a learning analytics environment, SSP is used for student intervention management. Once data has been collected, stored, and analyzed to identify at-risk students, advisors connect with students via SSP to offer academic guidance and support.